Skip to main content

Personal Note: Ten Years of Support and Love

Today marks my ten year wedding anniversary. It was a day that changed my life in more ways than I could have even imagined. When Justin came into my life one year before, I knew I had found the man of my dreams. The first time he wrapped his arms around me in a warm hug I knew I found a safe place and my home. He is my everything and my eternal companion.

Our life together was an adventure from the start. I already had a son so we didn't get those free spirited early years of marriage like so many newly weds. Instead we went from dating to instant family. However, even today we wouldn't have changed a thing. It was because of this my life took another turn and I started down the road to publication. I left my life in the fashion/buying world and decided to become a stay-at-home-mom. To raise a family and find something I could do while raising my children. I never would have guessed back then it would be writing and later a blog talk radio host, president of my local writing chapter and an award-winning published author.

I couldn't have done any of this without Justin's support and love. He has stood by me through all the ups and downs. He encourages me and steps in when I need someone to lift me up. He helped me to become more than I ever dreamed and I will always be grateful to him.

Thank you honey for giving me ten happy years, three wonderful children and a life I never thought possible so many years ago. You are my Prince Charming!

Happy 10 Year Anniversary!



Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Guest Post Wed: Creating Unique Characters

Too many characters in novels are too much alike. As a result, the stories and the characters' actions (and reactions) become predictable. You'd already know what would happen only a few chapters in the story! This is what you want to avoid when you're writing your own story – having characters that are too much like the other characters. There are way you can create characters that are different enough from each other that your readers won't get bored. Here are a few tips on how to do just that...