Skip to main content

Wacky Poetry

Here's something a little different. My son inspired a wacky (maybe even fractured) poem. So I thought I would share it with all of you.

Hearing Lightning 
 by VS Grenier

I hear lightning,
I smell rain,
I see thunder,
I'm insane!

Okay, so my baby girl has this thing about putting things up her nose. Mostly fuzz! So this wacky yet slightly lame poem just popped into my head.

Fuzz...Fuzz
by VS Grenier

Fuzz from my toes,
Goes into my nose.
Fuzz from my pocket,
 Doesn't fit my eye socket.

Now for some fractured nursery rhymes.

Old Mother Hubbard
Went to her cupboard
To put arsenic in her husband's tea, 
When she look inside,
She heard him chide,
"You won't be killing me."


Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet
Looking at the bills she needed to pay,
She'd lost her job,
And began to sob,
"I'll need to rob a bank today."

I would love for you to leave a comment or share a fractured/wacky poem of your own. And for those of you who remember...here is a fractured fairytale to watch.


Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Blog Talk Radio Show October 7th with Guest Author Donna McDine

Join host Virginia S Grenier and her guests on Mondays at 4pm eastern for the Featured World of Ink Network show The Writing Mama! This week (Monday October 7th) our guest is Award-winning Children's Author Donna McDine. They will be talking about McDine's two latest releases "Powder Monkey" and "Hockey Agony", both published by Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. a small indie publisher of eBooks and print books for young readers. Donna McDine is an award-winning children’s author, Honorable Mention in the 77 and two Honorable Mentions in the 78 Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competitions, Literary Classics Silver Award & Seal of Approval Recipient Picture Book Early Reader, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention, Global eBook Awards Finalist Children’s Picture Book fiction, and Preditor & Editors Readers Poll 2010 Top Ten Children’s Book ~ The Golden Pathway . Her stories, articles and book reviews have...

Guest Post Wed: Inspiration of Writing a Book

Inspiration for writing Gabriela and The Widow by Jack Remick In one way or another, fiction is autobiographical but the story doesn’t have to be, as they blare out on TV, “based on a true story.” It’s the other way around—the novel, the fiction becomes part of the author’s autobiography. The novel is an expression of being. The author puts a writer into every story and that writer is the narrator. For Gabriela and the Widow, the autobiographical stimulus, call it the impulse to write, came when I visited my mother to celebrate her 92 nd birthday. For the last few years, my mother’s caregiver has been Gabriela. I watched as Gabriela fed her, dressed her, bathed her, combed her hair and put her to bed. But for Gabriela, this wasn’t just a job. She had a connection to my mother that was true, real, and honest. She didn’t change her behavior for my visits. She didn’t coo and perform, so I knew that what I saw was the real Gabriela and the real Mother. And there was somet...