Skip to main content

My New Show Time on Blog Talk Radio


The Writing Mama show on Blog Talk's World of Ink Network is now a monthly show on the last Wed. of each month. Tune in at 9pm EST and join us as we chat on topics from family to writing.
This month I've asked author Clayton Paul Thomas to join me again so he can answer questions from you and share some tips to help us with children find a solution to problems we may be dealing with from little one to teenagers.
 

For Immediate Release

Come chat with Author Clayton Paul Thomas on Blog Talk Radio’s World of Ink Network show: The Writing Mama –July 25, 2011 

Blog Talk Radio’s World of Ink Network Show: The Writing Mama with host VS Grenier will be chatting Author Clayton Paul Thomas. In his book, “Tantrums, Troubles, and Treasures: A Parent Guide to Parenting in the 21st Century” Thomas shares an insider’s point of view on how to work with kids who can be challenging.

Clayton Paul Thomas has worked with kids for about 16 years from three different settings. The first was at St. Joseph Children’s Home where he helped abused kids permanently separated from their parents. Afterwards, Thomas became an elementary public school teacher. He taught for 7 1/2 years from 1st through 4th grade. Finally, he became a father of two boys. Though his parenting skills were learned at St. Joseph, his wife’s has been the inspiration to writing “Tantrums, Troubles, and Treasures: A Parent Guide to Parenting in the 21st Century”.

“I have worked with a lot of difficult kids,” states Thomas. “I don’t pretend to have a magic touch and I’m certain I don’t have every answer. There is not one correct way to do this. What I can tell you is I learned plenty from a multitude of people. I talk about some of these people and relate their stories. What I do believe is we all can be better parents.”

If you are a parent, grandparent or teacher and have some useful ‘tools’ to share on dealing with difficult children, we invite you to call in. Thomas will also be taking calls from parents to help give them tips on situations they just don’t seem to be finding a solution to.

“I’ve read Thomas’ book and I have three kids ranging in age from 17 months to 15-years-old. I never thought I had all the answers, but I did feel I had a good idea what to do in certain situations. That was until I read ‘Tantrums, Troubles, and Treasures.’ I’ve added a few new tools to my ‘parenting tool belt’ as Thomas calls it. I know find I’m not blowing up as much over situations my husband and I haven’t encountered yet with our children. We all communicate better and I have Clayton to thank for this,” stated VS Grenier.

You can find out more about Clayton Paul Thomas’s World of Ink Author/Book Tour schedule at http://storiesforchildrenpublishing.com/ClaytonPThomas.aspx. There will be giveaways, reviews, interviews, guest posts and more. Make sure to stop by and interact with Clayton Paul Thomas and the hosts at the different stops by leaving comments and/or questions. Thomas will be checking in throughout the tour and is offering an additional giveaway for those who leave comments throughout the month long tour.

The show will air live, July 25, 2011 at 9pm EST. Tune in at the BTR World of Ink Network site at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/worldofinknetwork. You can listen/call in at (714) 242-5259. (Note: if you can’t make the show, you can listen on demand at the same link.)


To learn more about the World of Ink Tours visit Stories for Children Publishing at: http://storiesforchildrenpublishing.com

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Blog Talk Radio Show October 7th with Guest Author Donna McDine

Join host Virginia S Grenier and her guests on Mondays at 4pm eastern for the Featured World of Ink Network show The Writing Mama! This week (Monday October 7th) our guest is Award-winning Children's Author Donna McDine. They will be talking about McDine's two latest releases "Powder Monkey" and "Hockey Agony", both published by Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. a small indie publisher of eBooks and print books for young readers. Donna McDine is an award-winning children’s author, Honorable Mention in the 77 and two Honorable Mentions in the 78 Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competitions, Literary Classics Silver Award & Seal of Approval Recipient Picture Book Early Reader, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention, Global eBook Awards Finalist Children’s Picture Book fiction, and Preditor & Editors Readers Poll 2010 Top Ten Children’s Book ~ The Golden Pathway . Her stories, articles and book reviews have...

Guest Post Wed: Inspiration of Writing a Book

Inspiration for writing Gabriela and The Widow by Jack Remick In one way or another, fiction is autobiographical but the story doesn’t have to be, as they blare out on TV, “based on a true story.” It’s the other way around—the novel, the fiction becomes part of the author’s autobiography. The novel is an expression of being. The author puts a writer into every story and that writer is the narrator. For Gabriela and the Widow, the autobiographical stimulus, call it the impulse to write, came when I visited my mother to celebrate her 92 nd birthday. For the last few years, my mother’s caregiver has been Gabriela. I watched as Gabriela fed her, dressed her, bathed her, combed her hair and put her to bed. But for Gabriela, this wasn’t just a job. She had a connection to my mother that was true, real, and honest. She didn’t change her behavior for my visits. She didn’t coo and perform, so I knew that what I saw was the real Gabriela and the real Mother. And there was somet...