Skip to main content

VS Grenier Update: Internet Radio

I've been asked to be the guest on the Internet podcast show called AuthorsAccess on Thursday October 18, 2012 at 8pm EST. http://www.authorsaccess.com/

As many of know from following my blog, internet radio isn't unknown to me, however, it has been some time that I have been a guest on a show. Not only will I be on AuthorsAccess this coming Thursday, I will also be a guest on Bennet Pomerantz's show ANYTHING GOES (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ashleyfontainne/2012/10/27/anything-goes-with-vs-grenier-and-bri-clark) on October 26, 2012 too.

I love doing blog talk radio not only as host but as a guest when I do get the chance.  It's a wonderful way to build your author platform, share your tips and thoughts about the industry and even learn something new. Actually, I'm always learning something new on each and every show I am on. 

I hope you can tune in into these upcoming shows or catch them later on demand. It's going to be a fun month that has already proven to be one of my busiest months in a very long time as I just got back from a writer's conference this past weekend in St. George, Utah and will be heading off again this Saturday to Kanab, Utah for another one. 

Wishing you all much success as your journey into the World of Ink!



Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Babysitter Beware Book Drawing!

Mom's Choice Awards posted an interview with me on December 10, 2012. Imagine my surprise when I saw the twitt go out when I was at the Mesquite Festival of Books. I remembered them sending me a few questions to answer some months back but never heard a peep after. The interview shares about my inspiration, writing my award-winning book (which has won not only the Silver Mom's Choice Seal but also the 2011 Silver Quill here in Utah) and a bit about me in general. Yes, there are a few typos, not sure if that was me typing replies to questions at 2am in the morning or what...but the overall interview is done well. Here is little sample: VS Grenier (or Virginia, as we like to call her) is not just a children’s book author – she’s also founder and owner of Stories For Children Publishing, LLC ; chief editor for Halo Publishing, Int ; host of several blog talk radio shows – including  The World of Ink Network: Stories for Children and The Writing Mama ; and more!...

Interview Friday with Mikey Brooks, author & Illustrator

VS: I want to thank you for being my guest here on The Writing Mama today. How long have you been writing? Mikey: I started writing when I was about 14 year old. I lived in a rural town in Missouri and our nearest neighbor was about a mile away. So friends were hard to come by. I fell in love with stories like Narnia and the Wizard of Oz and wished I could escape to these worlds. I had a hid out in the woods that surrounded our farm and I wrote about a world that existed in the reflection of a pond. I have a lot of fond memories about those woods. VS: What inspired you to write your books? Mikey: My children are the inspiration behind a lot of my stories now. Bean’s Dragons is based on my daughter and her imaginary dragons she has flying, parading, and trashing throughout the house. She was kind enough to let me glimpse into her world for just a moment to capture the magic within. My girls also love ABC books and shows. Because I love fantastical creatures, I wa...