Skip to main content

VS Grenier Update

Some people wonder if years of hard work really pay off. Well it all depends on what you feel a good pay off is. I know for me a good pay off is seeing my hard work noticed by others, instead of the monetary compensation. Why? Because I like knowing what I'm doing is not only helping me grow but also helping others as well.

As an author and freelance editor is it nice to be paid for my work. I need money to pay my bills, take my kids on fun outings, etc. However, the feeling I get when I get published or help another writer achieve their goals/dreams is nothing money can even come close to. Do I hope to make it BIG one day? It would be nice, but it isn't my goal. I don't dream of swimming in a pool full of money and living in some HUGE house I would have to hire a team of people to clean. What I do dream about is making a difference in people's lives and my leaving a legacy behind for my children, their children and the many generations after them.

I'm happy to say part of dream has come true. To many this may seem minor when looking at the whole picture. That may be true, but every small step toward your dream, no matter how small is a goal accomplished and that my friends is success to me. As long as I keep moving forward, I'm successful and my dream will one day become a reality.

With all that said, I'm happy to announce after a little over two years Blog Talk Radio's editorial staff has made The World of Ink Network one of their Featured Hosts. Marsha Casper Cook and I are so excited, along with our co-hosts. We have all worked so hard to bring our listeners and BTR's listeners some really great shows on writings, authors, the publishing industry and so much more.

I want to thank my followers for listening to my shows and my co-hosts shows. Without your support The World of Ink Network wouldn't have been given this honor. I know I look forward to bring you all some really great shows in the feature along with my co-hosts.

For those of you who haven't had a chance to listen to our weekly shows at The World of Ink Network, I invite you do come listen to our past shows and upcoming shows at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/worldofinknetwork

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Blog Talk Radio Show October 7th with Guest Author Donna McDine

Join host Virginia S Grenier and her guests on Mondays at 4pm eastern for the Featured World of Ink Network show The Writing Mama! This week (Monday October 7th) our guest is Award-winning Children's Author Donna McDine. They will be talking about McDine's two latest releases "Powder Monkey" and "Hockey Agony", both published by Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. a small indie publisher of eBooks and print books for young readers. Donna McDine is an award-winning children’s author, Honorable Mention in the 77 and two Honorable Mentions in the 78 Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competitions, Literary Classics Silver Award & Seal of Approval Recipient Picture Book Early Reader, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention, Global eBook Awards Finalist Children’s Picture Book fiction, and Preditor & Editors Readers Poll 2010 Top Ten Children’s Book ~ The Golden Pathway . Her stories, articles and book reviews have...

Guest Post Wed: Inspiration of Writing a Book

Inspiration for writing Gabriela and The Widow by Jack Remick In one way or another, fiction is autobiographical but the story doesn’t have to be, as they blare out on TV, “based on a true story.” It’s the other way around—the novel, the fiction becomes part of the author’s autobiography. The novel is an expression of being. The author puts a writer into every story and that writer is the narrator. For Gabriela and the Widow, the autobiographical stimulus, call it the impulse to write, came when I visited my mother to celebrate her 92 nd birthday. For the last few years, my mother’s caregiver has been Gabriela. I watched as Gabriela fed her, dressed her, bathed her, combed her hair and put her to bed. But for Gabriela, this wasn’t just a job. She had a connection to my mother that was true, real, and honest. She didn’t change her behavior for my visits. She didn’t coo and perform, so I knew that what I saw was the real Gabriela and the real Mother. And there was somet...