Skip to main content

Interview with Adam Epstein & Andrew Jacobson

For Immediate Release

Interview with Adam Epstein & Andrew Jacobson
Authors of The Familiars, Harper Collins September 2010

Blog Interviewer, D.M. Cunningham had the chance to interview the authors of the newest series “The Familiars”. If you are a Harry Potter or Warriors fan than this is one book and interview you will not want to miss!

Adam grew up in New York and Andrew in Wisconsin. They met in Los Angeles a little over ten years ago and started writing for film and television. Their first break was writing the screenplay for the movie, Not Another Teen Movie. From there they went on to write for the MTV Movie Awards for six years. Then a few years ago, Adam and Andrew decided to make a change. They had always dreamed of writing the kinds of projects they grew up loving -- adventure, fantasy, magic. It made perfect sense for Adam and Andrew to write a story targeted to the middle grade reader! 

"The Familiars," is also being adapted into a 3D animated movie! Academy Award nominated Pixar director Doug Sweetland, who created the short film PRESTO, which appeared before WALL-E, has been hired by Sony Animation to helm "The Familiars."

Learn more about the SFC blog Families Matter at: http://FamiliesMatter2Us.blogspot.com


Instead of posting an interview here today, I'm going to share a very interesting interview with you all over at the SFC blog Families Matter. What I love about this interview is not only the overall answers to the questions presented, but also the get to know the authors video. Something I had never thought about doing for my books, but now I will consider if it works with the book's storyline.


To read the interview visit http://FamiliesMatter2Us.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Babysitter Beware Book Drawing!

Mom's Choice Awards posted an interview with me on December 10, 2012. Imagine my surprise when I saw the twitt go out when I was at the Mesquite Festival of Books. I remembered them sending me a few questions to answer some months back but never heard a peep after. The interview shares about my inspiration, writing my award-winning book (which has won not only the Silver Mom's Choice Seal but also the 2011 Silver Quill here in Utah) and a bit about me in general. Yes, there are a few typos, not sure if that was me typing replies to questions at 2am in the morning or what...but the overall interview is done well. Here is little sample: VS Grenier (or Virginia, as we like to call her) is not just a children’s book author – she’s also founder and owner of Stories For Children Publishing, LLC ; chief editor for Halo Publishing, Int ; host of several blog talk radio shows – including  The World of Ink Network: Stories for Children and The Writing Mama ; and more!...

Interview Friday with Mikey Brooks, author & Illustrator

VS: I want to thank you for being my guest here on The Writing Mama today. How long have you been writing? Mikey: I started writing when I was about 14 year old. I lived in a rural town in Missouri and our nearest neighbor was about a mile away. So friends were hard to come by. I fell in love with stories like Narnia and the Wizard of Oz and wished I could escape to these worlds. I had a hid out in the woods that surrounded our farm and I wrote about a world that existed in the reflection of a pond. I have a lot of fond memories about those woods. VS: What inspired you to write your books? Mikey: My children are the inspiration behind a lot of my stories now. Bean’s Dragons is based on my daughter and her imaginary dragons she has flying, parading, and trashing throughout the house. She was kind enough to let me glimpse into her world for just a moment to capture the magic within. My girls also love ABC books and shows. Because I love fantastical creatures, I wa...