Skip to main content

Stories for Children Magazine Reopens Its Doors!


Stories for Children Magazine
a trademark of Stories for Children Publishing, LLC
An Ezine for Children (3 to 12)

M E D I A  R E L E A S E

 
For Immediate Release

Stories for Children Magazine Reopens Its Doors!

The exciting growth and changes continue to occur at Stories for Children Magazine and we are pleased to announce its reopening! This award-winning Ezine shut down for a short hiatus as their Founder, Owner and Editor-in-Chief VS Grenier gave birth to a wonderful baby girl.

“Being a mother takes a lot out of you, but now that my little girl is old enough to play in my office and my other kids are back in school . . . it’s time to reopen Stories for Children Magazine,” states VS Grenier. “I’ve really missed working with our great list of authors and illustrators. In addition, I am looking forward to working with the new SFC Team. We have a few of our old team members back, but we’ve added a lot of new faces as well.”

Stories for Children Magazine’s first issue is planned for April 2011. They are open to submissions and are looking for fiction, nonfiction, poems, crafts, activities, puzzles and youth submissions to fill their April, May and Summer 2011 issues. You can find their guidelines at http://storiesforchildrenmagazine.org under the contributors section.

Even though the relaunch issue is not until April 2011, you can still visit this fun, family friendly Ezine each month. “We’ll be posting book reviews, crafts, coloring pages and more for FREE each month,” states Grenier.

Stories for Children Magazine placed in the Top Ten for Best Magazine in Fiction, Nonfiction, and Poetry in the Preditors & Editors Readers Poll 2008. So come take an adventure in the World of Ink with Stories for Children Magazine – http://storiesforchildrenmagazine.org.
 

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Babysitter Beware Book Drawing!

Mom's Choice Awards posted an interview with me on December 10, 2012. Imagine my surprise when I saw the twitt go out when I was at the Mesquite Festival of Books. I remembered them sending me a few questions to answer some months back but never heard a peep after. The interview shares about my inspiration, writing my award-winning book (which has won not only the Silver Mom's Choice Seal but also the 2011 Silver Quill here in Utah) and a bit about me in general. Yes, there are a few typos, not sure if that was me typing replies to questions at 2am in the morning or what...but the overall interview is done well. Here is little sample: VS Grenier (or Virginia, as we like to call her) is not just a children’s book author – she’s also founder and owner of Stories For Children Publishing, LLC ; chief editor for Halo Publishing, Int ; host of several blog talk radio shows – including  The World of Ink Network: Stories for Children and The Writing Mama ; and more!...

Interview Friday with Mikey Brooks, author & Illustrator

VS: I want to thank you for being my guest here on The Writing Mama today. How long have you been writing? Mikey: I started writing when I was about 14 year old. I lived in a rural town in Missouri and our nearest neighbor was about a mile away. So friends were hard to come by. I fell in love with stories like Narnia and the Wizard of Oz and wished I could escape to these worlds. I had a hid out in the woods that surrounded our farm and I wrote about a world that existed in the reflection of a pond. I have a lot of fond memories about those woods. VS: What inspired you to write your books? Mikey: My children are the inspiration behind a lot of my stories now. Bean’s Dragons is based on my daughter and her imaginary dragons she has flying, parading, and trashing throughout the house. She was kind enough to let me glimpse into her world for just a moment to capture the magic within. My girls also love ABC books and shows. Because I love fantastical creatures, I wa...