Skip to main content

SPECIAL GUEST POST on Writer and Dreamer at work

I was asked by a long time friend and writer to share a bit about my past and how I started out as a writer, editor and founder of Stories for Children Publishing. I welcome you to stop by and leave a comment.

“SPECIAL GUEST POST”: Virginia Grenier – From Buyer to Writer

I am so excited to be finally welcoming a very special guest whom I have known,  oh gosh!, for a few years now, since she critiqued a draft of my novel (still a work in progress), after I found her on the internet.  Very green and not knowing anything about how to approach editors or agents, or about writing in general,  I remember my email asking if she would take a look and tell me whether it was worth my while continuing or should we just bin my story.   Her warm and surprising email was the catalyst to my writing life today, and I still have that email.  She is also the angel who came to my rescue with a copy of the critiqued novel, on hearing my copy had been stolen from my car the other week along with my laptop.
At the time when I “met” Virginia she was already a published author and had just started an online children’s magazine, as well as being a freelance editor, and Mum of two.  Over the years her writing life has grown with the Magazine website, boasting, educator pages, featured quests, and teacher/parent resources.  She now has workshops, has her own publishing company, still works as a freelance editor, runs a critique service, newsletter and now has her own radio show “Blog Talk” with Marsha Cook, interviewing authors, publishers and agents.  Not to mention “Blog Hops” and “World of Ink Tours” and assisting authors with Book Trailers…  Coming out from hiding in my side bar and here to tell us how she made her dreams come true….. my friend, Writer/Publishing guru……. Virginia Grenier.

Read the full guest post at http://thepatientdreamer.com/2012/02/29/special-guest-post-virginia-grenier-from-buyer-to-writer/

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Interview Friday with Mikey Brooks, author & Illustrator

VS: I want to thank you for being my guest here on The Writing Mama today. How long have you been writing? Mikey: I started writing when I was about 14 year old. I lived in a rural town in Missouri and our nearest neighbor was about a mile away. So friends were hard to come by. I fell in love with stories like Narnia and the Wizard of Oz and wished I could escape to these worlds. I had a hid out in the woods that surrounded our farm and I wrote about a world that existed in the reflection of a pond. I have a lot of fond memories about those woods. VS: What inspired you to write your books? Mikey: My children are the inspiration behind a lot of my stories now. Bean’s Dragons is based on my daughter and her imaginary dragons she has flying, parading, and trashing throughout the house. She was kind enough to let me glimpse into her world for just a moment to capture the magic within. My girls also love ABC books and shows. Because I love fantastical creatures, I wa...

Babysitter Beware Book Drawing!

Mom's Choice Awards posted an interview with me on December 10, 2012. Imagine my surprise when I saw the twitt go out when I was at the Mesquite Festival of Books. I remembered them sending me a few questions to answer some months back but never heard a peep after. The interview shares about my inspiration, writing my award-winning book (which has won not only the Silver Mom's Choice Seal but also the 2011 Silver Quill here in Utah) and a bit about me in general. Yes, there are a few typos, not sure if that was me typing replies to questions at 2am in the morning or what...but the overall interview is done well. Here is little sample: VS Grenier (or Virginia, as we like to call her) is not just a children’s book author – she’s also founder and owner of Stories For Children Publishing, LLC ; chief editor for Halo Publishing, Int ; host of several blog talk radio shows – including  The World of Ink Network: Stories for Children and The Writing Mama ; and more!...