Skip to main content

Award-winning author visits the St. George Children’s Museum to encourage healthy eating habits

Award-winning author visits the St. George Children’s Museum to encourage healthy eating habits:

Come meet Virginia “VS” Grenier at the St. George Children’s Museum on August 21 and August 22, 2015 at 11am on both days
Come meet Virginia “VS” Grenier at the St. George Children’s Museum on August 21 and August 22, 2015 at 11am on both days.
 


ST. GEORGE, Utah – Virginia “VS”
Grenier is an award-winning author, Mom’s Choice Honoree and director of
the St. George Book Festival. She has been writing since moving to St.
George, Utah a little over 10 years ago.


“I
never thought I would become an author when I moved to St. George. My
husband and I made the choice to come here so we could raise our
children in a place we felt was safe and had good people surrounding
them,” said Grenier. “I fell into writing as a hobby since I wasn’t used
to staying home full-time after working in the fashion industry for so
many years in the Los Angeles area.”


Grenier’s
latest picture book, “Whistle Beans” is based on the family secret of
how to whistle. A family friend shared the secret with her when she was
little. However, Grenier only shared the secret with her children…until
now.


“Children have a
hard time learning to whistle and most kids don’t like to eat
vegetables. I know I didn’t and I wasn’t good at whistling either,” said
Grenier. “When I about four or five, Charlie Baker, a family friend,
told me that if I ate Whistle Beans—which just happened to be a very
special vegetable—I’d be able to whistle just like him. And it worked!”


In
Grenier’s recently released picture book, “Whistle Beans” children will
get to go on another adventure with SugarPaw and Bonnie Whiskers, two
of Grenier’s beloved characters from her award-winning picture book,
“Babysitting SugarPaw.” This time SugarPaw finds himself in trouble when
he lets out Bonnie Whiskers pet parrot, Cesar. They end up chasing
Cesar all over town and in the process; SugarPaw learns secrets about
the vegetables growing in his very own backyard.

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Guest Post Wed: Creating Unique Characters

Too many characters in novels are too much alike. As a result, the stories and the characters' actions (and reactions) become predictable. You'd already know what would happen only a few chapters in the story! This is what you want to avoid when you're writing your own story – having characters that are too much like the other characters. There are way you can create characters that are different enough from each other that your readers won't get bored. Here are a few tips on how to do just that...