Skip to main content

Will You Host an Exchange Student?

I know it's been a whole month since my last post. Sorry about that everyone. I'm still working on my novel and also still need to complete my workshop with James Patterson. I plan on doing that very soon and will share what I've learned about my writing during those sessions and just on my own.

I also will share about some of the books I've been reading. I've finished a few more over the past month; I just need to see if they fall under my 2016 reading challenge.

But on a whole different note, I'm on a mission. Yes, a mission to help bring exchange students to my area in Southern Utah...namely Washington County, Utah. This past school year I signed up to be a local coordinator, and I have enjoyed. My two students have taught me a lot, and I hope they have learned from me, their host families and new American friends. (I think they have.)

As this school year comes to an end, I find myself looking forward to the new school year (2016/17). I'm going to miss my students I currently have now when the school year ends. I, of course, also need to find new host families for my future students. March is one of those crazy months for me, but one I enjoy as I get to meet so many people, families, and students.

This upcoming year, I have three students coming who are from the following countries: Germany, Georgia, and Kazakhstan.

If you, or someone you know, would like to be one of the wonderful host families to take one of my students in, or if you would like to host a student and live somewhere else, please contact me through my email vgrenier@flag-intl.org

You can learn more about being a host family at https://www.flag-intl.org/host.html

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

WOI - Academy Awards Special - Let's Talk about The 2015 Academy Awards

Welcome to BlogTalkRadio's featured World of Ink Network. Join Virginia S Grenier and Marsha Casper Cook on Wed. Feb 25 - 9PM EST - 8 PM CST - 7 PM MT - 6 PM PST - It's all about the dream! It's going to be a great show with their guests, RJ Jeffreys, Melissa Keir, Arnold Rudnick,Kelly Abell and Joanna Lee Doster. On this special WOI: What Is Success show, you'll get the latest news about the 2015 Oscars who won, who lost, who cried and who laughed at the 87th Academy Awards ! Missed what happened and want to get the whole scoop? Visit http://oscar.go.com/ to get 2015 Oscars highlights from the red carpet to winning speeches! Listen in and have some fun! We invited you to post comments and questions in the chatroom. The World of Ink Network brings you show topics such as books, writing, interviews, self-help, empowerment, families and much more. For more info http://www.worldofinknetwork.com http://www.michiganavenuemedia.com Listen live or ...

Guest Post Wed: Creating Unique Characters

Too many characters in novels are too much alike. As a result, the stories and the characters' actions (and reactions) become predictable. You'd already know what would happen only a few chapters in the story! This is what you want to avoid when you're writing your own story – having characters that are too much like the other characters. There are way you can create characters that are different enough from each other that your readers won't get bored. Here are a few tips on how to do just that...