Skip to main content

Author Spotlight-Sherry Ellis







For Immediate Release

Author Sherry Ellis joins the
Stories for Children Publishing March ‘11 World of Ink Tour 

Stories for Children Publishing will be touring author Sherry Ellis and her children’s books, “That Mama is a Grouch” and “That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN!” all month long in March 2011.

You can find World of Ink Author/Book Tour schedule at http://storiesforchildrenpublishing.com/SherryEllis.aspx. There will be giveaways, reviews, interviews, and guest posts. Make sure to stop by and interact with Sherry and the hosts at the different stops by leaving comments and/or questions. Sherry will be checking in throughout the tour.

In addition, come listen to Blog Talk Radio’s Robin Falls Kids show: Stories for Children on March 7, 2011. The hosts (VS Grenier, D.M. Cunningham and Kris Quinn Chirstopherson) will chat with Sherry Ellis about her books, writing, the publishing industry and experiences with virtual tours. Sherry will also be sharing writing tips and trials, and tribulations of the writer’s life.

The show will be live, March 7, 2011 at 1pm EST (12pm Central, 11am MST, and 10am PST). You can tune in at the RRRadio’s site at
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rrradio or you can listen/call in at (646) 595-4478. (Note: if you can’t make the show, you can listen on demand at the same link.)

Sherry Ellis is a freelance writer who writes articles for parenting magazines and children’s publications.  Her first book, That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN, was published in 2005.  Her second, That Mama is a Grouch, was published in May of 2010.  It was honored as a finalist in the Parenting/Family category of the 2010 USA Book News Awards. 

Sherry is also a professional musician who plays and teaches violin, viola, and piano.  Ms. Ellis lives in Loveland, Ohio with her husband and two children.

To learn more about Sherry Ellis visit http://storiesforchildrenpublishing.com/SherryEllis.aspx  

Learn more about Stories for Children Publishing, LLC at: http://storiesforchildrenpublishing.com

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Babysitter Beware Book Drawing!

Mom's Choice Awards posted an interview with me on December 10, 2012. Imagine my surprise when I saw the twitt go out when I was at the Mesquite Festival of Books. I remembered them sending me a few questions to answer some months back but never heard a peep after. The interview shares about my inspiration, writing my award-winning book (which has won not only the Silver Mom's Choice Seal but also the 2011 Silver Quill here in Utah) and a bit about me in general. Yes, there are a few typos, not sure if that was me typing replies to questions at 2am in the morning or what...but the overall interview is done well. Here is little sample: VS Grenier (or Virginia, as we like to call her) is not just a children’s book author – she’s also founder and owner of Stories For Children Publishing, LLC ; chief editor for Halo Publishing, Int ; host of several blog talk radio shows – including  The World of Ink Network: Stories for Children and The Writing Mama ; and more!...

Interview Friday with Mikey Brooks, author & Illustrator

VS: I want to thank you for being my guest here on The Writing Mama today. How long have you been writing? Mikey: I started writing when I was about 14 year old. I lived in a rural town in Missouri and our nearest neighbor was about a mile away. So friends were hard to come by. I fell in love with stories like Narnia and the Wizard of Oz and wished I could escape to these worlds. I had a hid out in the woods that surrounded our farm and I wrote about a world that existed in the reflection of a pond. I have a lot of fond memories about those woods. VS: What inspired you to write your books? Mikey: My children are the inspiration behind a lot of my stories now. Bean’s Dragons is based on my daughter and her imaginary dragons she has flying, parading, and trashing throughout the house. She was kind enough to let me glimpse into her world for just a moment to capture the magic within. My girls also love ABC books and shows. Because I love fantastical creatures, I wa...