Skip to main content

I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award!!!!

There is no better way to start your day than to see waiting in your inbox an email like this . . . You have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. I was so excited to open my email not because I won this award, but because Lynn A. Davidson had this to say, “You are a true inspiration, I am glad to have discovered your blog.” What an honor it is to not only been given this award by Lynn, but also knowing I have touched someone with the things I am sharing here on The Writing Mama. So now that Lynn has given me this wonderful surprise I feel I need to not only thank Lynn (who’s blog you can visit at: http://lynnadavidson.wordpress.com), but all of you who come to read my ramblings, articles, and interviews with other writers. If you all believe in me like Lynn does . . . then I will not worry or be intimidated by this award. I will continue to share my writing journey with you all even if I do end up living in a trashcan one day instead of on top of the best-sellers list.

Thanks so much Lynn for this honor and award!

Now, there are usually rules to follow on an award like this so here are the requirements:

1. Thank the one who gave you this award. 2. Share seven things about yourself. 3. Present this honor to 15 newly discovered bloggers. 4. Drop by and let the fifteen new friends know how they have touched you.

Well I have one down as you know above. What a real treat this is. I really cannot believe Lynn honored me with this award. Okay, so now on to the seven things about myself . . . let me think on this one. There is a lot you all already know so I guess I should share some stuff you might not know or few know about me.

1. My parents, even though they are divorced and remarried, have remained friends over the last 25 years and we all get together for the holidays. This includes my mom, dad, step-mom, step-dad, my hubby, our three kids, my sister and her hubby, my brother, and our baby sister (who is turning 12 this year).

2. Even though I worked in ladies and teen fashion as a buyer, I’m more of a tomboy. I hate shopping, doing my hair, make-up, and forget about my nails. I bit them. But you wouldn’t know it if you saw me at a conference or tradeshow.

3. I use to work on Hollywood Blvd. in the Frederick’s of Hollywood buying offices. I have met many different celebrities like Jamie Lee Curtis; who had her star put right outside our office doors. That was pretty cool!

4. I met my hubby on the internet back when it was not a very popular idea. And if you ask him what happened when we first met in person, he’ll tell you I was hiding behind a counter in one of my stores. So not true though. I was getting more flyers to pass out.

5. My son and brother are only 1 ½ years different in age.

6. I date someone as old as my step-mom before I met my hubby. That was a bit strange and one of the reasons why we broke up among others.

7. I never planned to be a writer. I always thought I would be a CEO of some fashion company. However, I am happy with my life the way it is. I have three wonderful children, a husband who loves and supports my crazy ideas, and a job I can do from home while being a mom. Who can beat that!

Now to the best part . . . presenting this award to 15 other bloggers and that is not going to be easy. After long and careful consideration, here are the ones I feel are deserving recognition.

Market My Words http://faeriality.blogspot.com

Breakthrough Blogs http://stephentremp.blogspot.com

Writers in the Sky E-zine http://writersinthesky.blogspot.com

Adventures in Children’s Publishing http://childrenspublishing.blogspot.com

Dallas Woodburn’s Writing Life http://dallaswoodburn.blogspot.com

Karen Cioffi-Writing for Children http://karenandrobyn.blogspot.com

Jane’s Ride http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com

Write What Inspires You! http://donna-mcdine.blogspot.com

Cathy Witbeck-Story Painter http://cathywitbeck-storypainter.blogspot.com

Katie Hines-Walking on Water http://katiehines.blogspot.com

I Devour Kid Books http://idevourkidbooks.blogspot.com

Janet Ann Collins/OnWords Open Eyes http://onwordsblog.blogspot.com

Magdalena Ball http://magdalenaball.blogspot.com

Mayra’s Secret Bookcase http://mayrassecretbookcase.blogspot.com

Lea Schizas http://thewritingjungle.blogspot.com

Wow, this is a list and I really have to say this is only a sample of the wonderful blogs I follow. Please stop each of these blogs. You’ll be glad you did!

Note: Those of you who I am bestowing this award to are not obligated to do anything if you cannot manage it. Please simply enjoy the kudos!

Thank you again Lynn and everyone who follows The Writing Mama!

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Babysitter Beware Book Drawing!

Mom's Choice Awards posted an interview with me on December 10, 2012. Imagine my surprise when I saw the twitt go out when I was at the Mesquite Festival of Books. I remembered them sending me a few questions to answer some months back but never heard a peep after. The interview shares about my inspiration, writing my award-winning book (which has won not only the Silver Mom's Choice Seal but also the 2011 Silver Quill here in Utah) and a bit about me in general. Yes, there are a few typos, not sure if that was me typing replies to questions at 2am in the morning or what...but the overall interview is done well. Here is little sample: VS Grenier (or Virginia, as we like to call her) is not just a children’s book author – she’s also founder and owner of Stories For Children Publishing, LLC ; chief editor for Halo Publishing, Int ; host of several blog talk radio shows – including  The World of Ink Network: Stories for Children and The Writing Mama ; and more!...

Interview Friday with Mikey Brooks, author & Illustrator

VS: I want to thank you for being my guest here on The Writing Mama today. How long have you been writing? Mikey: I started writing when I was about 14 year old. I lived in a rural town in Missouri and our nearest neighbor was about a mile away. So friends were hard to come by. I fell in love with stories like Narnia and the Wizard of Oz and wished I could escape to these worlds. I had a hid out in the woods that surrounded our farm and I wrote about a world that existed in the reflection of a pond. I have a lot of fond memories about those woods. VS: What inspired you to write your books? Mikey: My children are the inspiration behind a lot of my stories now. Bean’s Dragons is based on my daughter and her imaginary dragons she has flying, parading, and trashing throughout the house. She was kind enough to let me glimpse into her world for just a moment to capture the magic within. My girls also love ABC books and shows. Because I love fantastical creatures, I wa...