Skip to main content

Get Up & Get Moving: Week 10

Back-to-school is here at my house. The kids go back this coming Wednesday. Hard to believe the summer is over already. I’m hoping with a few hours a day with only one child at home, I’ll be able to really tackle my weight lose goal with more exercise. It’s been raining cat and dogs here the last couple of days. This means my trusted old treadmill has been getting as much of a workout as I have. LOL. And that brings me to my tip this week.

With colder weather around the corner, it may be harder to get out walking or running. I know where I live there are two times a year where getting outside to get exercise is hard. Late summer and wintertime. It is either too hot or too cold. I’m sure a lot of you know what I mean. That’s when I break out the workout videos or get on my treadmill.

What has been a great motivator for me to get on the treadmill is catching up on my favorite shows. I tell myself the only way I can watch the latest episode of Lie To Me or Haven is if I hook up my laptop to the treadmill, turn it on, and start walking while watching whatever show on Hulu.com. So far, it has worked and the best part . . . I’m so focused on the show I don’t even realize I’ve been walking for an hour. Of course, sometimes I put a movie in and then I really get a workout.

August 2, 2010 Weight 187

Goal weight by December 31, 2010 130

I have been using a log to track my activity level and food intake each day. The site is totally FREE! Come join me on FitDay.com.

Having a log can help you stay on track and really lets you see where you need to make improvements or adjustments to help shed those unwanted pounds.

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

WOI - Academy Awards Special - Let's Talk about The 2015 Academy Awards

Welcome to BlogTalkRadio's featured World of Ink Network. Join Virginia S Grenier and Marsha Casper Cook on Wed. Feb 25 - 9PM EST - 8 PM CST - 7 PM MT - 6 PM PST - It's all about the dream! It's going to be a great show with their guests, RJ Jeffreys, Melissa Keir, Arnold Rudnick,Kelly Abell and Joanna Lee Doster. On this special WOI: What Is Success show, you'll get the latest news about the 2015 Oscars who won, who lost, who cried and who laughed at the 87th Academy Awards ! Missed what happened and want to get the whole scoop? Visit http://oscar.go.com/ to get 2015 Oscars highlights from the red carpet to winning speeches! Listen in and have some fun! We invited you to post comments and questions in the chatroom. The World of Ink Network brings you show topics such as books, writing, interviews, self-help, empowerment, families and much more. For more info http://www.worldofinknetwork.com http://www.michiganavenuemedia.com Listen live or ...

Guest Post Wed: Creating Unique Characters

Too many characters in novels are too much alike. As a result, the stories and the characters' actions (and reactions) become predictable. You'd already know what would happen only a few chapters in the story! This is what you want to avoid when you're writing your own story – having characters that are too much like the other characters. There are way you can create characters that are different enough from each other that your readers won't get bored. Here are a few tips on how to do just that...