Skip to main content

Guest BookMarketingBuzzBlog: How Will You Get Someone To Share Your Link?

As you all know, I like to share blog posts and do guest posts on topics I feel can help benefit all of you. I was contacted about this post and really found it interesting let alone most everything else on the blog. If you're not one to follow many bloggers I do highly suggest you add Book Marketing Buzz Blog to that limited list.

Everyone is trying to use social media to launch their books.  But what is the secret sauce for getting others to willingly be soldiers in your war? What will motivate others to retweet, post, or share our messages and links with their pool of followers, friends, family, and fans? Why should they go out on a limb for you, especially if you are a stranger? Why would they waste their time or risk looking stupid for sharing something that may not go over well with others? How will you even get them to look at, let alone be interested in, your blog posts, videos, or podcasts?

Even though it is relatively quick and effortless to forward a link to others -- and it costs nothing – the sender’s reputation is on the line. You are not sending political content to a distribution list that includes your boss or business colleagues, are you? You won’t send porn to people who also attend church with you, right?  You have to filter out what you like and then what you think is appropriate to share.
Most people will do something when they believe it is in their best interests. Do you have enough of an incentive to get them to share your link? What currency will speak to them and win them over?

Click the link to read the full article 
BookMarketingBuzzBlog: How Will You Get Someone To Share Your Link?: 

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Interview Friday with Mikey Brooks, author & Illustrator

VS: I want to thank you for being my guest here on The Writing Mama today. How long have you been writing? Mikey: I started writing when I was about 14 year old. I lived in a rural town in Missouri and our nearest neighbor was about a mile away. So friends were hard to come by. I fell in love with stories like Narnia and the Wizard of Oz and wished I could escape to these worlds. I had a hid out in the woods that surrounded our farm and I wrote about a world that existed in the reflection of a pond. I have a lot of fond memories about those woods. VS: What inspired you to write your books? Mikey: My children are the inspiration behind a lot of my stories now. Bean’s Dragons is based on my daughter and her imaginary dragons she has flying, parading, and trashing throughout the house. She was kind enough to let me glimpse into her world for just a moment to capture the magic within. My girls also love ABC books and shows. Because I love fantastical creatures, I wa...

Babysitter Beware Book Drawing!

Mom's Choice Awards posted an interview with me on December 10, 2012. Imagine my surprise when I saw the twitt go out when I was at the Mesquite Festival of Books. I remembered them sending me a few questions to answer some months back but never heard a peep after. The interview shares about my inspiration, writing my award-winning book (which has won not only the Silver Mom's Choice Seal but also the 2011 Silver Quill here in Utah) and a bit about me in general. Yes, there are a few typos, not sure if that was me typing replies to questions at 2am in the morning or what...but the overall interview is done well. Here is little sample: VS Grenier (or Virginia, as we like to call her) is not just a children’s book author – she’s also founder and owner of Stories For Children Publishing, LLC ; chief editor for Halo Publishing, Int ; host of several blog talk radio shows – including  The World of Ink Network: Stories for Children and The Writing Mama ; and more!...