Skip to main content

Get Up & Get Moving: Week 6

I am still maintaining instead of really losing. I have cut back my calorie intake, I am exercising . . . but I am not dropping the weight like I should be. What could be wrong?

Normally I share a health tip for an outside source, but this week I am going to share my own health tip. Does the above sound like you? It sure has been me for the past couple of weeks I have been doing Get Up & Get Moving. I even took a break from my food log to see if I was eating more to get my total allowed calories in for the day. Thinking maybe this had something to do with my go-no-where weight lose.

I did find this had something to do with it. I also noticed a few other things. And once I cut those things out of my diet . . . I started to lose again.

  1. Don’t drink soda. I know how hard this can be, but the problem with soda besides the empty calories you are pumping into your body is the sodium. Sodium causes women especially to retain water. By cutting out soda, you will not retain as much water and will start dropping weight.
  2. Don’t each milk chocolate. I do not eat much chocolate to begin with, but even one mild chocolate candy bar or ice cream cone can really make a difference in your weight lose each week. If you need to satisfy a chocolate craving, have 1 to 2 oz of dark chocolate. This is hit your sweet tooth harder and because of the richness of dark chocolate . . . you shouldn’t crave it as much.
  3. Make sure to drink at least 20 oz of water daily. This is hard for me only because I am on the go all the time. What I did was buy a 20 oz water bottle. I fill half of it with ice and the rest is water, and carry it everywhere with me. It’s handy and I get my 20 plus ounces of water. If you’re not a water drinker, get some Crystal Light or put a slice of lime/lemon in your glass/bottle. This adds some flavor.

These are my simple tips to help you stop maintaining and start losing.

Weight on July 5, 2010 190

Goal weight by December 31, 2010 130

I have been using a log to track my activity level and food intake each day. The site is totally FREE! Come join me on FitDay.com.

Having a log can help you stay on track and really lets you see where you need to make improvements or adjustments to help shed those unwanted pounds.

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

WOI - Academy Awards Special - Let's Talk about The 2015 Academy Awards

Welcome to BlogTalkRadio's featured World of Ink Network. Join Virginia S Grenier and Marsha Casper Cook on Wed. Feb 25 - 9PM EST - 8 PM CST - 7 PM MT - 6 PM PST - It's all about the dream! It's going to be a great show with their guests, RJ Jeffreys, Melissa Keir, Arnold Rudnick,Kelly Abell and Joanna Lee Doster. On this special WOI: What Is Success show, you'll get the latest news about the 2015 Oscars who won, who lost, who cried and who laughed at the 87th Academy Awards ! Missed what happened and want to get the whole scoop? Visit http://oscar.go.com/ to get 2015 Oscars highlights from the red carpet to winning speeches! Listen in and have some fun! We invited you to post comments and questions in the chatroom. The World of Ink Network brings you show topics such as books, writing, interviews, self-help, empowerment, families and much more. For more info http://www.worldofinknetwork.com http://www.michiganavenuemedia.com Listen live or ...

Guest Post Wed: Creating Unique Characters

Too many characters in novels are too much alike. As a result, the stories and the characters' actions (and reactions) become predictable. You'd already know what would happen only a few chapters in the story! This is what you want to avoid when you're writing your own story – having characters that are too much like the other characters. There are way you can create characters that are different enough from each other that your readers won't get bored. Here are a few tips on how to do just that...