Skip to main content

I've Won Another Award--the Stylish Blogger Award!


Wow, another award. I'm so honored of being given two blogging awards this week

I want to thank a wonderful blogger, cyber-friend and World of Ink Tour Host, Susanne Drazic. Her blog PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER (http://susannedrazic.blogspot.com/) not only shares great interviews and review, is loaded with information each week on the writing world. I truly hope you'll stop by her blog and maybe even follow Susanne.

Thanks you so much Susanne for awarding my blog with the Stylish Blogger Award. I’ve had the pleasure of being interviewed by Susanne, and it's easy to understand why she received this award for her site, along with another recent award "The Irresistibly Sweet Blog" award.

Now it is time to pay-it-forward and share this award with seven others. This is the tough part, so many great bloggers out there I wish I could name you all. But, seven it is; if you're not listed here, note you are in my heart.


Oh, one other feature of the award is to list seven things about me that you may not know. This is going to be tough since I just did this for the last award. So below are 7 more things you may or may not know about me.

First up: 7 Stylish Bloggers

Ella Johnson: http://mymcbooks.wordpress.com/
Randi Lynn Mrvos: The Maggie Project: www.themaggieproject.blogspot.com
Roth’s Inspiring Books & Products: http://rothsinspiringbooksandproducts.wordpress.com
Writing to the Hearts of Children: http://terri-forehand.blogspot.com
Wee Share Blog: http://www.weeshare.net/

Next, seven things you may not know about me:

  1. I had to repeated Freshman English 3x's in High School
  2. Even though I love to fly, I'm afraid of heights
  3. I hate cleaning dishes other people have eaten off of - It grosses me out, not sure why
  4. I wear glasses to see even though you'll never find a photo of me wearing them on any of my websites
  5. I hate spiders...I'm deathly afraid of them; along with snakes
  6. I'm not a cake eater
  7. If I could leave anywhere it would be in the mountains

Well, that's it. Thank you again, Susanne!

Popular posts from this blog

OWNING: Only One of You

Martha Graham, a famous dancer and choreographer in the early 20th century, wrote in a letter to one of her students: "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, not how it compares with other expression. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open." Graham's words ring true. There is only one of you in the world: The way you think, the way you see things, the way you respond, the way you nurture yourself and other people, the way you go about doing mundane things. The way you love, the way you express, the way you tell a story, the way you write. The world will know of and witness only one you . The totality of you -- talents, nuances, thought proc...

Babysitter Beware Book Drawing!

Mom's Choice Awards posted an interview with me on December 10, 2012. Imagine my surprise when I saw the twitt go out when I was at the Mesquite Festival of Books. I remembered them sending me a few questions to answer some months back but never heard a peep after. The interview shares about my inspiration, writing my award-winning book (which has won not only the Silver Mom's Choice Seal but also the 2011 Silver Quill here in Utah) and a bit about me in general. Yes, there are a few typos, not sure if that was me typing replies to questions at 2am in the morning or what...but the overall interview is done well. Here is little sample: VS Grenier (or Virginia, as we like to call her) is not just a children’s book author – she’s also founder and owner of Stories For Children Publishing, LLC ; chief editor for Halo Publishing, Int ; host of several blog talk radio shows – including  The World of Ink Network: Stories for Children and The Writing Mama ; and more!...

Interview Friday with Mikey Brooks, author & Illustrator

VS: I want to thank you for being my guest here on The Writing Mama today. How long have you been writing? Mikey: I started writing when I was about 14 year old. I lived in a rural town in Missouri and our nearest neighbor was about a mile away. So friends were hard to come by. I fell in love with stories like Narnia and the Wizard of Oz and wished I could escape to these worlds. I had a hid out in the woods that surrounded our farm and I wrote about a world that existed in the reflection of a pond. I have a lot of fond memories about those woods. VS: What inspired you to write your books? Mikey: My children are the inspiration behind a lot of my stories now. Bean’s Dragons is based on my daughter and her imaginary dragons she has flying, parading, and trashing throughout the house. She was kind enough to let me glimpse into her world for just a moment to capture the magic within. My girls also love ABC books and shows. Because I love fantastical creatures, I wa...